It doesn't list his name, but a Professor of Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience sought to "uncover a formula for writing the ideal romantic track."
The criteria used was "lyrics, tempo and rhythm". The study also looked for songs in "a major key and standard chord progression".
With those parameters set, the perfect love songs were deemed to be......and if you feel any have been missed, please feel free to comment!
We'll start with the Top 5......
1. Adele - Make You Feel My Love
2. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
3. I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton / Whitney Houston
4. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
5. Love Me Tender - Elvis
And, here's the rest of the list.....
6. Let Her Go - Passenger
7. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
8. She - Elvis Costello
9. If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys
10. Think Twice - Celine Dion
11. Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
12. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
13. If You Don't Know Me By Now - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
14. Un-break My Heart - Toni Braxton